In order to process your application for the position of EMT, your completed, electronically signed Employment Application must be submitted along with verification you have the documents described below.
- California Driver’s License (Unrestricted);
- California Ambulance Driver’s Certificate within the first 30 days of employment;
- If you do not already possess one click here for information on how to obtain an Ambulance Driver’s Certificate.
- California EMT Certificate;
- DMV Printout (no more than 30 days old) indicating acceptable status for driving ambulances, demonstrating the applicants ability to meet the Driver Underwriting Guidelines issued by EAS’s insurance carrier – i.e. meets Age Profile (20 ½ years of age); No at-fault accidents or violations that would preclude an applicant from driving;
- CPR Card (Health Care Provider – AHA or Red Cross);
- ICS-100 – Introduction to Incident Command System Course Completion Certificate;
- ICS-200 – ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents Course Completion Certificate;
- ICS-700 – National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) An Introduction – Training Course Completion Certificate;
- OCEMS EMT Accreditation Card; and
- LA County Expanded Scope Course Completion within 30 days of employment.
- Free online training is available through the UCLA Center for Prehospital Care. Follow the attached link for additional information: https://www.cpc.mednet.ucla.edu/course/localscope2011
NOTE: In order to apply you must have already obtained and be able to present of each of the licenses/certifications that are highlighted. Please do not apply unless you have each. They must be brought into the business office if you are invited to test and interview. No test will be given, nor will any interview be granted without them.
Preferred Qualifications, if the above qualifications are met
Six (6) months of verifiable recent and continuing experience as a practicing California certified EMT is preferred for this position which responds to public safety requests. However, we will accept applications from qualified and properly credentialed new grads or other candidates with less experience.